Re: [galeon] WCS CF-netCDF profile document

Hi Steve, Stefano, John et al.,

This looks like a good starting point for harmonization.  John Caron
described one method of bridging between WCS and OPeNDAP:

1) Client discovers Coverage somehow
2) Client gets description of coverage via DescribeCoverage()
3) Client calls GetCoverage()
4) Server returns OPeNDAP URL to the result

Another alternative (to complement, not replace, the above) might be
to bypass GetCoverage() altogether:

1) Client discovers Coverage somehow
2) Client gets description of coverage via DescribeCoverage().
Description includes OPeNDAP URL to entire Coverage.
3) Client opts to use OPeNDAP to access subsets, without calling
GetCoverage() at all.  A client might choose this so that it can
access more precise subsets, accepting the extra complexity.

What do others think of this?

Cheers, Jon