Re: [galeon] GALEON-related OGC Coverages Discussions

Hi all,

The Oceans IE report is available here:
http://www.oostethys.org/outreach/working_folder/ogcreport/ogc-oie-20080822.pdf/

It presented WFS VS SOS comparison and it also says, among other things that O&M model is a conceptual model that could help harmonize ocean data, and this is one of the key benefits of SOS. I don't think, as Simon says, that the focus is on the sensor; however SOS brings to the table the ability to provide sensor and deployment metadata.

I look forward to the next OGC meeting. Also what John suggested is key. If we could track the issues and start discussing them via email, we will definitely advance the discussion.

-luis