Re: [galeon] GALEON-related OGC Coverages Discussions

Roy -

I disagree that SOS puts the focus on the sensor.

An SOS request is framed in terms of the feature-of-interest (in your case
either the ocean or a sampling-feature, such as a swath, related to the oce an)
and the observed-property (e.g. temperature).  Yes, you can use SOS to approach
the observations via knowledge of the identity of the sensor, but this is not
required.

Simon

______
Simon.Cox@xxxxxxxx  CSIRO Exploration & Mining
26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington WA 6151
PO Box 1130, Bentley WA 6102  AUSTRALIA
T: +61 (0)8 6436 8639  Cell: +61 (0) 403 302 672
Polycom PVX: 130.116.146.28
<http://www.csiro.au>

ABN: 41 687 119 230