From: owner-galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roy Mendelssohn
Sent: 12 June 2006 17:38
To: support-thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jerome.king@xxxxxxxx; John Caron; galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: TDS 3.10, and WCS on Aggregated data sets

Hi:

We are having trouble with getting WCS services working with TDS 3.10 serving aggregate data. If you look at the base URL:

http://oceanwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov:8081/thredds/catalog.html

and look at any of the datasets under "Aggregation Satellite Datasets" those are the datasets we are talking about. They are all time aggregated

Some info:

1.  The OpeNDAP part of this works fine, including the aggregation.

2. I am just learning the WCS syntax, so I may be making errors, but I get do a successful GetCapabilities, I can do a successful DescribeCoverage but I fail when I try to actually get the data - I get a "null" returned (this is using curl with the appropriate http commands)

3. I have tried the same things with Map Browser with the same results.

So, we besides possible help, we have some questions:

1. Is there an example site where aggregate data is being served using TDS 3.10 and the WCS service works? Could we be pointed to that? Even more, could we get the NcML and catalog xml files so we can see how they are set up.

2. Has Map Browser been tried with an aggregated dataset being served by TDS and shown to work?

3. As I am not certain that my GetCoverage request was correct, could someone who knows what they are doing send me a properly formed one for any one of the datasets above (or the same test and and let me know the results)

We would really like to try and get this to work and are stumped as to the problem. Once working,w e can add these to the Galeon project.

-Roy M.