Re: New Data Sets for the Galeon Project

Hi Roy,

With the RSI IDL wcs add on, I've tried 4 of your "aggregated" datasets and
all of them returned a geoTIFF without an error message.  A couple returned
geoTIFFfloat, but a couple others time out.  I am unable to access any of
the coverages in netCDF form via IDL WCS client.  All such attempts return
an error message of one sort or another.  I haven't done this very
systematically yet, so I haven't kept track of the error messages, etc.

Are any of these more "important" than others or easier to visualize and
interpret?  I have no way to evaluate whether the coverages that do come
across make any sense.  A handful of "use cases" and expected displays would
help in the checkout process.

As to where to publish your WCS server, I need to give that a bit more
thought.  I was attempting to shift from the GALEON wiki  which worked
pretty well last year to the GALEON OGCnetwork this year.  But I'm not sure
the OGCnetwork approach works well for community contributions.

 http://www.ogcnetwork.net/galeon

Maybe some of the others have suggestions for how to use the OGCnetwork in
this fashion.

-- Ben