From: owner-galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ben Domenico
Sent: 19 April 2006 20:49
To: Unidata GALEON
Subject: Teleconference outcomes

Hi,

First, I apologize to those of you who were not able to participate in this morning's GALEON teleconference because of problems with the announcement and with the conference ID. I'll make sure this doesn't happen again. For different periods, the following people did get into to the conference:

*       Rudy Husar
*       Lorenzo Bigagli
*       Wenli Yang
*       John Evans
*       Ben Domenico

* Peter Baumann attempted to get in but was stymied by the conference ID problem. * Stefano Nativi, Steve,Kopp and Dominic Lowe could not make it, but sent in comments.

The teleconference mainly focused on how to proceed with the draft WCS CF-netCDF binary encoding profile. Rather than attempt to provide a meeting summary in this message, I tried to incorporate all their good ideas into a revision of the draft profile at:

  Draft Profile
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/netCDFprof ile-short.htm

Note that the previous draft profile is now incorporated as a sub-document

Data Model Mapping Related to Binary Encoding of WCS Coverages in CF-NetCDF http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/WCSnetCDFe
ncoding.htm

and an additional sub-document was added:

CF-netCDF WCS Limitations and Known Issues
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/CF-netCDF-
WCSlimitations.htm

This approach allows us to develop a profile that is relatively stable but incorporates indirect refernces to specifics that may change fairly rapidly with time as the WCS specification and CF-netCDF conventions evolve. It also provides a place to document current limitations, difficult issues, and possible future directions that interested parties should be aware of. I strongly encourage those who participated in the teleconference or who sent in comments to correct any errors or omissions on my part and I hope that others will provide their input on this version so we can complete the profile in time to propose adoption at the June OGC Technical Committee meeting.
Thanks to all.