Re: GDAL NetCDF driver and projection.

Hi Denis,

Here are some notes on what was planned for storing projection, etc in
other parts of GDAL drivers.  To my knowledge, the never really propogated
through to the OPeNDAP driver.  If the NetCDF or HDF direct access GDAL
driver is updated that those changes propogate through to the OPeNDAP
driver so that the same NetCDF/HDF datasets are accessible via native
OPeNDAP server, Grads GDS and THREDDS.

At this point, a lot more support is there for local NetCDF/HDF files than
for support of those files through OPeNDAP.   Its on my rather large to do
list, but somewhere in the 2 year timeframe.

http://home.gdal.org/~warmerda/gdal_opendap_design.html (GeoTiff)
http://gdal.maptools.org/frmt_dods.html (DODS/OPeNDAP)

Thanks!
Rob