RE: Thoughts on GALEON Phase 2

But please note that GML is *not* a language - it is a toolkit for building languages. CSML is one such GML APplication language. SensorML is not ... yet, but ought to be!

Simon

-----Original Message----- From: owner-galeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Gerry Creager N5JXS Sent: Tue 28/02/2006 10:27 PM To: rhusar@xxxxxxxxxxxx Cc: GALEON email list Subject: Re: Thoughts on GALEON Phase 2

Rudy,

I tend to agree and I think that's the point I was trying to make.
We're going to need to consider, over time, a more encompassing language
to describe these.  ESML, SensorML, and GML are all key elements, but no
one markup, in itself, is sufficient.  I hate to think in terms of
supersetting these markups, as we could well lose the ability to manage
their content, and then lose precision in description.  However, I
suspect that such supersetting will provide the mechanism to extend
each, and eventually find a way to resolve to a more common theme.

Thanks for the pointer to the AQ work.  I was actually looking for
something like this to support our TexAQS studies!

gerry