Re: Thoughts on GALEON Phase 2

Gerry,

The use of multiple 'languages' e.g. GML and SensorML seems to me the only way
to describe the different aspects of Earth Science monitoring and data systems.
This may be naive, but my question is not whether but *how to use the
combination* of these standard languages to describe the entire elephant. Some
early, thinking-fragments on this topic, related to air quality is here.
http://capita.wustl.edu/capita/researchareas/GALEON/Reports/AQ_Pt_OGC.ppt

Ron,

Expanding on Ben's comment, GML (rectified grid) is one of the WCS data formats returned from (some of the) test
servers in GALEON, e.g.
http://webapps.datafed.net/dvoy_services/ogc.wsfl?SERVICE=wcs&REQUEST=GetCoverage&VERSION=1.0.0&CRS=EPSG:4326&COVERAGE=THREDDS_GFS.T&FORMAT=GML&BBOX=-180,-90,180,90,1350,1350&TIME=2005-12-06T12:00:00Z&WIDTH=900&HEIGHT=400&DEPTH=0

All,
FYI, George Percivall, Chief Architect of OGC, has prepared this PPT on the OGC
Networks, including the GEOSS Services Network, (GSN)
http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/index.php?artifact_id=13947

Rudy
Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Director
CAPITA, Washington University
St. Louis, MO 63130
1 Brookings Drive, Box 1124
314 935 6099