Telecon decision and updated summary

Hi again,

Reading Andrew's GALEON Phase 1 report from NERC reminded me that not everyone may be
aware of the decision at the last GALEON telecon to go ahead now with a recommendation to
add netCDF (unadorned) as a 6th WCS encoding format while we forge ahead with the more
difficult work of defining encoding format specifications that are not -- in the words of
the NERC report overly "abstract."  HDF-EOS and netCDF (with no conventions
specified) are included in that category of being too abstract.  In any case, based on
the decision at the telecon, I formally submitted a change request, which OGC members can
find  among the Pending Documents on the OGC portal.  Unfortunately I don't seem to be
able to provide you with a URL that will get you directly to the document.

In an effort to regain some semblance of order amid the chaos of documents and
web pages that resulted from my effort to maintain open GALEON publications for
all and formal, restricted documents for OGC spec-related matters,  I'm
maintaining the master copy of the GALEON Phase 1 Report at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/Reports/GALEONphase1Report.htm

In the report section entitled, Status of Client/Server Interaction
Experiments, I've added a list of reports that have come in since the formal
Interoperability Program Report was files on February 13 -- in time for the
3-week rule pertaining to the Huntsville TC meeting.  For now, that's my best
effort to keep GALEON participants aware of reports that have are coming in.

Please, please  let me know if I've missed any reports that you've sent me or
that you've posted on the wiki!!!!  To make it easier for you to check, I'll
append that section of the report to this message.

Thanks for all your hard and valuable work on GALEON and for bearing with me on
this reporting cycle.

-- Ben

_From the updated GALEON Phase 1 Report

--------------------------
Status of Client/Server Interaction Experiments

The status of individual client/server interaction experiments is too detailed
for this summary report, but is provided in the GALEON reports of participants.

  - University of Florence/IMAA Report:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/Reports/FinalReport_IMAA-UNIFI_+0.3.pdf

  - RSI UK Draft Report:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/Reports/GALEONReportRSIdraft.doc

  - RSI Boulder Draft Report:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/Reports/GALEONReportRSIboulder.htm

  - CadCorp Draft Report:
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/Reports/CadCorpReport.html

  - Washington University at Saint Louis Report:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/Reports/WUSTL-GALEON_IE_Rept.htm

  - National Climatic Data Center Report:
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/Reports/GALEON Status
Rutledge Feb2006.doc

The following reports were added after the original report was submitted on
February 13, 2006 (to satisfy the 3-week rule for the March 2006 OGC Technical
Committee meetings. The assumption here is that these are being accepted as
modifications to the Phase 1 Report based on information provided during the
comment period.

  - Washington University at Saint Louis Updated Report

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/Reports/DataFed-GALEON_Rep060215.pdf

  - International University of Bremen Report

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/Reports/galeon-final-iub.pdf

  - UK Natural Environment Research Center Report

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/GALEON/Reports/GALEON-NERC-report.pdf