From: yliu5@xxxxxxx
To: warmerdam@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:07:43 -0400
Subject: Re: GMU WCS Server supports netCDF output
Hi Frank,

I believe the file is correct. Please refer to CF conventions document at

http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cms/eaton/cf-metadata/CF-1.0.html

Chapter 5.6 and Appendix F.

Actually the data is in UTM projection, but I can't find how to specify
UTM in netCDF. So I used Transverse Mercator instead. Is there any other way
to specify projections?
There are two variables called xdim and ydim. From them you can get the
x-coordinate and y-coordinate of every pixel. Therefore we can get anything
we want such as the offset, origin, etc. And also there are lat/lon
variables storing the lat/lon of every pixel. That makes the netCDF file
much larger than the original HDF-EOS file. If you have any better idea to
avoid those unnecessary variables, please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,
Yang Liu
LAITS,GMU