Re: OGC Interoperability Experiment Agreements

Hi again,

Ben: thanks for the response, despite your "outdoor conditions". The good news seems to be that the contract text seems to be negotiable. Also thanks for encouraging our participation - actually I be most unhappy to see this as a dealbreaker either, and possibly it won't be one - it's just we are a private university, and commercialization prospects are lively being considered.

Carl: may I propose that IUB simply leaves out the compliance section cited below and signs the remainder?

thanks & sorry for the inconveniences,
Peter

Ben Domenico wrote:

Hi Peter,

This is a question I have to leave to the OGC people. I know that our legal staff had to modify the agreements before we could sign them, so these things have to be negotiated with the OGC. All I can add is that your participation in the interoperability experiment is very important to the level of success.

By the way, I am at the Vancouver GML and Web Services conference where they do not have internet access in the meeting room so my input will be sporadic.

Good luck.