Re: OGC Interoperability Experiment Agreements

Dear Ben,

(I address this to all, maybe someone else also experiences that issue) going through the legal text (WHOEVER HAS HAD THE IDEA TO WRITE THIS WHOLE DOCUMENT IN ALL-CAPITAL??) I see a problem with this one:

  1. Compliance With Laws. The parties agree that they shall comply
     with all applicable laws and regulations of governmental bodies or
     agencies in their performance under this Agreement. Without
     limiting the generality of the foregoing, neither party will
     knowingly export or re-export, directly or indirectly, any
     technical data (as defined by the U.S. Export Administration
     Regulations) produced or provided under this Agreement, or export
     or re-export, directly or indirectly, any direct product of such
     technical data, including software, to a destination to which such
     export or re-export is restricted or prohibited by U.S. or
     non-U.S. law, without obtaining prior authorization from U.S.
     Department of Commerce and other competent government authorities
     to the extent required by those laws.

(i) I don't see that us, being under German/European legislation, should be subject to US-specific restrictions - which actually I don't even know. I see the problem coming up that our legal department will frown. (ii) there is no scope in time attached to this regulation - how long should it be effective?

Do you have any idea how we can overcome this?

Best,
Peter