Re: THREDDS, UFlorence WCS server testing with DataFed Client

Hello Rudy,

I'm happy you experimented a good interoperability level between DataFed and WCS-G. I found your service chaining approach very elegant.

I agree with you that several interoperability issues are still open; we have been developing the ncML-GML in order to address them. It would be very interesting to have WCS clients which supports ncML-GML in order to experiment its effectiveness for addressing the first two points, listed by you.

Sincerely,

---Stefano

Hello GALEON Crew,

This is to let you know that we have completed the first phase of WCS server testing using our DataFed client. A brief progress report is below and also registered in the GALEON WIKI http://capita.wustl.edu/capita/researchareas/GALEON/051128_GALEON_IE_Rept.htm

We are very encouraged by the ease of WCS connections to the UFlorence and GALEON serves. The simple spatial slice queries are working fine. However, the road to full WCS interoperability is still long and probably bumpy:
  -full 4-5D data testing with WCS interface;
  -loose coupling of THREDDS-WCS data sets (automatic registration);
-need re projection services to make the current datasets interoperable with other data

We are very much looking forward for your comments and hope to continue our participation in this terrific learning experience.

Regards,
Rudy Husar