THREDDS, UFlorence WCS server testing with DataFed Client

Hello GALEON Crew,

This is to let you know that we have completed the first phase of WCS server
testing using our DataFed client. A brief progress report is below and also
registered in the GALEON WIKI
http://capita.wustl.edu/capita/researchareas/GALEON/051128_GALEON_IE_Rept.htm

We are very encouraged by the ease of WCS connections to the UFlorence and
GALEON serves. The simple spatial slice queries are working fine.  However, the
road to full WCS interoperability is still long and probably bumpy:
 -full 4-5D data testing with WCS interface;
 -loose coupling of THREDDS-WCS data sets (automatic registration);
 -need re projection services to make the current datasets interoperable with
other data

We are very much looking forward for your comments and hope to continue our
participation in this terrific learning experience.

Regards,
Rudy Husar