Re: GALEON reports at OGC TC meeting

Hello Ben,

following your request please find attached a document on change requests coming from IUB / rasdaman. The issues have appeared during our database-backed WCS server implementation, they are based on the WCS 1.1 draft already. The contents has been discussed with John Evans, WCS.RWG editor, in a phone conversation yesterday. Note in particular the proposal to add a section defining the coverage content coming from a GetCoverage request where John agrees to have this as an additional section in the WCS 1.1 spec.

Administratively, John has scheduled a presentation of mine in the Wed afternoon slot (WCS.RWG), of course I will make it a "Galeon talk". I will send him the same document this afternoon, and I will upload it to the Galeon wiki. Please let me know about any special arrangements you would like to see from a Galeon perspective.

To all list members: I'm most grateful about your comments!

CU in Bonn,
Peter

Ben Domenico wrote:

Hi,

This is a reminder that we'd like to have as many GALEON interoperability experiment status updates as possible for the OGC technical committee meeting next week. GALEON reports are scheduled for Wednesday morning on the agenda.

If you will be at the meeting and can present a report Wednesday morning, please let me know.

If you cannot be at the meeting, but can participate via a teleconference line which is being set up, please let me know. I'll post the teleconference particulars at the end of this message.

If neither of those options work for you but you have a status update, please get the information to me via email and I'll present it at the meeting.

In all cases, it would be good to have written status updates on the wiki

    http://galeon-wcs.jot.com/WikiHome

-- A key measure of our progress to date will be reports on interoperability tests between specific WCS client and server implementations involved in the experiment. Of course it will be great to hear about successes, but we also need to know about issues that the tests have uncovered that need to be addressed.

-- One special case are reports that involve details of modifications to or special profiles of the OGC interface specifications for WCS or GML. These must be handled within the OGC structure and should not be posted on the open wiki. The appropriate venue for these reports is the OGC mailing list:

   galeon.ie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:galeon.ie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Our objective is to use all this information for the beginning draft of our final GALEON report.

Thank you very much for your active participation. We look forward to the interactions next week.