Re: [cf-satellite] related to scanning direction

If the TLE is essential to this, then it should certainly be included
in the file -- but should it be just the "string" or should each
component be broken out into a separate piece of metadata?  Also, the
"scanning information" -- is that something that can be quantified for
"all" polar satellites?   I know that some of these types of things
have been discussed on this list (and elsewhere), but I've not seen
any consensus...or convergence...

Tom Rink pointed out some time ago that for some satellites, the
"navigation" is so complex that we users probably will have to settle
for getting lat/lon-per-pixel, instead of trying to run the algorithms
ourselves.  Is that pertinent to this discussion?

tom
--
Tom Whittaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison