[awips2-users] Missing fields in AWIPS II CAVE

I have not seen a single instance of wind barbs or wind vectors plotting in
AWIPS II CAVE ever since I installed it last week and experimented with it.

An example, I choose the following: Models > NAM 40 km > Sfc Temperature and
Wind

Valid fields appear for temperature and isobars in the D2D window, but no wind
data ever appears.  The legend stack does list a row for wind (NAM 10FHA6 Wind
Arrows), but this wind information does not actually show in the map window.
Clicking the legend entry seems to turn the field on and off by changing the
legend color from white to gray and back, but the wind data does not appear in
the map window.  Changing the color by right-clicking the legend row for wind
does nothing.

Also I have not ever been able to get any thickness plots to display from any
model.

Example: Models > CMC > Thickness / Vorticity Advection

As with wind plots, a row appears "CMC 1000-500 mb height" but no information
appears and clicking it does nothing.  Also the legend indicates a "1000-500 mb
wind" field and it does not display either.  Only the vorticity field shows.

Also METAR plots do not work, but I saw in a previous mailing list entry from
May 13 2016 that this was not working.

Version information: I can't find the version in the help menu, but it was
downloaded on November 1 from the UCAR server.  Data source is
http://edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu:9581/services.

Tim Vasquez

  • Search the awips2-users archives: