Re: [awips2-users] LDM Issues in AWIPS II 16.1

> I'm having a lot of problems when trying to re-start the LDM in AWIPS II
> 16.1. For example, when I do "ldmadmin start" as root, I get this: "
> The writer-counter of the product-queue isn't zero.  Either a process
> has the product-queue open for writing or the queue might be corrupt.
> Terminate the process and recheck or use
>     pqcat -l- -s -q /awips2/ldm/var/queues/ldm.pq && pqcheck -F -q
>     /awips2/ldm/var/queues/ldm.pq
> to validate the queue and set the writer-counter to zero.
> LDM not started"
>
> When I run the command suggested, I get the error: "-bash: pqcat: command
> not found". It seems that for whatever reason LDM is not in root's path.
> Is it supposed to be in awips/fxalpha's path or root's path??

pqact run through ldmd is in user awips' path but not root.  As root you
can run the service "edex_ldm" to stop and start

service edex_ldm stop
service edex_ldm start

the same command issued by "edex stop" and "edex start".

You can also run

su - awips -c "ldmadmin restart"

which is similar to the command run by the edex_ldm service, and will
restart the LDM correctly.  "ldmadmin restart" run as root causes what
happens here and is a headache for EDEX machines right now.

I've attached the fix that will be in 16.2.2, /etc/init.d/edex_ldm and
/etc/profile.d/awips2.sh will alias the ldmadmin command run as root to
service edex_ldm and have everything working.

Meanwhile, you may need to delete and recreate the queue (as user awips).

  • Search the awips2-users archives: