Re: [awips2-users] EDEX Server Firewall Settings

  • To: Michael James <mjames@xxxxxxxx>, Keith Latteri <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [awips2-users] EDEX Server Firewall Settings
  • From: "Herbster, Christopher G." <herbstec@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 22:58:42 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Hi folks,

Has anyone tried using SSH tunnels to safely pass through to the other side of
a border firewall, like we have on our campus network?  I would then use
"localhost" as the server name, for example.

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried this.

Cheers,

Chris

Dr. Christopher G. Herbster
Associate Professor