Re: [awips2-users] EDEX Server Firewall Settings

5672 as well should be open for JMS connections.  An example of
/etc/sysconfig/iptables for an "open" server:

*filter
:INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [13:1717]
-A INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 5672 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 9581 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -m tcp --dport 9582 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
-A FORWARD -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
COMMIT

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO