Linda Miller, External Liaison
February - October 2001
- MeteoForum - co-author with Dave Fulker, Tim Spanger and Arlene Laing on
A Pilot Project for Advanced International Meteorological Training Centers
for the 21st Century" paper to be presented by Arlene Laing, University
of So Florida, at the AMS Annual Meeting
- Survey coordination - worked with Rich Clark, UserComm Chair, Unidata staff
and fielded questions from the community about the Users Committee survey
- Working on the AMS-IIPS Program Committee to coordinate sessions for the
2002 Annual Meeting in Orlando. Proposed a session, entitled "Internet
Applications for Education and Research." suggested by Unidata staff.
Connect to AMS/IIPS to view the
program. Steve Ackerman and I will co-chair the session.
- Attended USGS
Data Workshop, May 2001
Data Access and Distribution
- Work continues toward access and distribution of Level II NEXRAD radar
data through collaboration with the CRAFT
- Coordination with the NWS regarding the distribution of high-resolution
model data (via CONDUIT) issues and implementation on Internet II and Abilene.
Two focal points have been identified in Silver Spring to monitor the
progress for CRAFT and CONDUIT. One is at NWS in Silver Spring (David
Helms) and John Gaynor, OAR, is representing the USWRP to assist in facilitating
- Continued involvement and collaboration (particularly with THREDDS) in NCDC's
NOMADS (NOAA Operational Model Archive and Distribution System) project
- 11 sites are receiving NOGAPS data directly from FNMOC
- Coordinated with Jim Steinburgh, University of Utah, and Unidata support,
for proposed data (4km MM5) to be distributed to the Unidata community during
the Winter Olympics. Steenburgh to provide details to the Unidata Users Committee
11 October 2001.
Case Studies and DODS
- In the process of recruiting a Software Engineer II . This individual will
work in support of DODS and case studies projects. Case Studies and DODS funding
is in place for FY02.
- Ethan Davis will work on the metadata efforts pertaining to THREDDS,
but continue to work as technical lead on the DODS project on a part-time
- Jeff Weber will work on SuomiNet and IDD configuration/topology and
continue to work as technical lead on the case studies project on a part-time