The NOAA National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP) Central Operations is looking to hire an Information Technology Specialist. The position is in College Park, MD.
The individual selected for this position will:
- Analyze and evaluate work concerned with integrated systems of computer programs and/or computer equipment
- Apply available technologies and basic management principles to adapt computer methods to a variety of subject matter situations
- Support subject matter users by developing or designing applications for computers and/or in selecting, or assisting in selecting computer equipment
- Oversee/perform equipment installation or relocation, testing and acceptance processes
- Respond to and resolve problems with software, hardware and systems management
- Integrate several hardware, software, and/or computer related services to provide an integrated information system
- May evaluate vendor or employee developed software to assure that it will provide the desired results and operate properly on assigned equipment systems.
The application process is open through May 31, 2016.
Full details, including instructions regarding how to apply, are available at: