[THREDDS #AYS-357748]: Level II Data slow to update

Bobby,

Thanks for letting us know. It turns out that the machine running
http://thredds.ucar.edu and handling all of the data ingest is having some
problems keeping up with the data processing, and some data is actually being
lost. We're looking into solutions to address this, since we *certainly* don't
want to be losing data.

In the mean time, other options for getting the level 2 data include:

- The Amazon S3 Level 2 archive, which updates in real time:
https://noaa-nexrad-level2.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html#
- Our thredds test server: http://thredds-test.unidata.ucar.edu

A warning on that last one is that since it's a test server, the server may be
unavailable at any time. It's also running a test version of thredds 5.0, so
there may be bugs. Use at your own risk!

Ryan

> Hello,
>
> I've noticed recently during convective activity that often level 2 radar
> data can be either slow to update or not update at all. For example, right
> now at 22:48 UTC there are storms over the Colorado Springs, CO area, and
> the KPUX radar directory hasn't seen an update since 22:17. Is this a known
> issue?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Bobby

Ticket ID: AYS-357748