[THREDDS #THL-137809]: IDV catalogs for McIDAS-V

Hi Paul,

> > I did not get a chance to ask you last week but I was wondering if it
> > would be possible for me to make my own IDV catalogs of grib and grib2
> > data for McIDAS-V on my local XCD box.
>
> Yes.  You would do this by installing our THREDDS server on a machine on
> your LAN.

If your collection of data is fairly static and on local disk, you could create
a static catalog that points to the data. If it is remote or not static, you
probably want to setup a server.

Here's some THREDDS catalog documentation:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/catalog/Primer.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/catalog/InvCatalogSpec11.html

Here's the THREDDS Data Server page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/TDS.html

> > All my systems are on a closed
> > network so I cannot see the data catalog locations provided in the
> > current McV. So the only option I see to be able to view my grid data is
> > to create a catalog locally.
>
> I am leaving this inquiry open for the THREDDS guys to comment on more
> fully.
>
> Stay tuned...

Hope that helps.

Ethan