Re: 20230718: latest 7 day summary NOAAPort Gap stats

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for this comment. It seemed odd to me, so it sounds like he got confused or something.

I knew that they routinely switch between the ANCF in CNCF, but usually they send out an external announcement as well before they do it under the header NOUS72 KNCF. Given all that happened, it's entirely possible that message didn't get through, either.

I can't speak for Pivotal Weather, but we (AllisonHouse) also were up. And you are correct, all of those sources were indeed unaffected by the SBN/NOAAport satellite image outage.

In any case, I'm still curious as to what happened the other day…and what they are trying to do to prevent that from happening again, or at least plan for future redundancy.

Gilbert