Re: 20230718: latest 7 day summary NOAAPort Gap stats

Evening Gilbert,

On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 8:38 PM Tom Yoksas <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Gilbert,

On 7/18/23 18:41, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
> Today, it's College Of DuPage, a cellular provider turned on
> 5G at the tower 500' feet from us and wrecked our once beautiful
> signal.

Ugh!

Michael Scott:  NOoooooooo!!

By the way, it looks like all of the sites reporting summary Gap
stats had high numbers of Gap messages today:

Oh my!

The fact that everyone had high numbers means we can not conclusively say you actually need that filter, there is clearly something else going on at a larger scale.  While the timing of that 5G tower going live is _super_ coincidental with your issues, today's numbers for everyone is even **more** coincidental IMO.

I'm not arguing against getting a better filter if you need to, if it improves your signal it could be worth it.  But I am VERY interested to see tomorrow's numbers...  It's not solar interference season, (ponders) what could have caused this??

re:
> I have begun the process of getting a much better 5G filter, and
> getting it installed.

Please share with everyone CCed specifics of the 5G filter you
go with including manufacturer, cost, relevant specs, and ordering
lead time.

Seconded, please and thank you!

Best,
-Mike