[NOAAPORT #PQK-264928]: NoaaPort Question

Hi,

re:
> Good Day Sir, I have an issue with Norstat 8250 LNB. I thought it was the
> correct type for receiving the data Stream off of the galaxy 28 Bird. I
> was told that I need 3120 or a 3220 for the correct lnb . I am very
> confused. I live in Okla and I would like to get this bird operational. I
> have Debian 10.6 on a solid state hard drive.

Most, if not all sites doing NOAAPort ingestion are using Norsat 3120 or
3220 PLL (Phase Lock Loop) LNBs.  I have not heard of any site using a
Norsat 8250.

The great majority of Unidata sites that are doing NOAAPort ingest (and
this includes National Weather Service Forecast Offices) are using
either RedHat Enterprise or CentOS OSes.  I think I remember that one
of our sites is running NOAAPort ingest on an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS OS,
but I can't swear to that being the case at the moment.

Also, the most typical size of dish used for NOAAPort ingest is 3.8m, that
is what we and all National Weather Service Forecast Offices are using.

In addition, the typical receiver being used for NOAAPort ingestion is
the Novra S300N.

re:
> I am not trying to sell the data, but it seems I am having an issue trying
> to get an person willing to help. Thanks for your time and any suggestions
> is appreciate.

What other suggestions are you looking for?

Ticket ID: PQK-264928
Department: Support NOAAPORT