[Support #HDQ-517625]: Assistance requested for "Gap in packet sequence" log entries from noaaportIngester

Hi Gregg,

What is the output from the command:

firewall-cmd --list-all

on your RHEL 7.8 system?

We believe that "something" is running on your RHEL 7.8 system that
is interfering with the data flow coming in on port 1208 (multicast
IP address 224.0.1.8).  The reason we say this is that we found
the following site that lists known vulnerabilities by port for
ports from 1201 up to and including 1210.  The only port that is known
to have a vulnerability is 1208.  Here is the URL for the site I
am referring to:

https://www.speedguide.net/port.php?port=1208

I know that you have answered this before, but I have to ask again:

Is the Novra S300N directly connected to the 'em2' interface on sbn1 via
an Ethernet cable?  Or, is there some other piece of equipment such as
a switch in the data path?

If the answer to the first question is yes, then it seems most likely
that there is something being run on sbn1 that is doing the interfering
with the data flow on port 1208.

Just so you know, our thinking is being guided by your question earlier
today about DISA STIG and the sites we have been reading when researching
this.

Ticket ID: HDQ-517625
Department: Support NOAAPORT