[Support #HDQ-517625]: Assistance requested for "Gap in packet sequence" log entries from noaaportIngester

Hi Gregg,

re:
> Attached is the 8.exp.log file from a couple minutes ago, since LDM was
> restarted.  Everything is a Gap error in the file except for:
>
> 20200624T164804.506037Z noaaportIngester[12944]
> productMaker.c:pmStart:1241
> ERROR Missing fragment in sequence, last 0/4918 this 24/4919

Hmm...
> I've also attached the polarsat.log file from SBN2 server, recall this is
> essentially the same log file as 8.exp.log file.  In this log file there
> are 12,000+ Gap error entries, BUT there are actually 700+ complete
> products.

Yup, I looked through the polarsat.log file and used 'wc -l' do count
the Gap and 'inserted' messages.

FYI: I sent off a text to my contact in NOAA/GSL to make sure that I am
remembering correctly that his two machines for which I am being provided
summary Gap stat information are a) running RHEL 7.x and b) are processing
products that are coming in on port 1208.  I am 99.9999% sure that both of
these are true, but I want to be 100% positive.

The thing that I will be focusing my attention on is the messages we
saw when we put the 'noaaportIngester' instance that is processing the
port 1208 data into debug mode - the messages that the header is being
received after the body of the product suggest to me that the kernel
on sbn1 is rearranging the UDP packet order for port 1208 traffic.
Why this would be the case is unknown to me given the settings in
/etc/sysctl.conf.

Ticket ID: HDQ-517625
Department: Support NOAAPORT