[NOAAPORT #GGP-872890]: New Noaaport server with ldm

Hi Heather,

re:
> Yes!  I am available for hangout now!  My address is address@hidden

For some reason, this email was put into support's spam folder, so I
did not see it until I started doing some cleanup in the support account.
Ugh!

re:
> Here is the output of the ethtool command:
> [root@npingest ~]# ethtool -k eno2 | grep udp-fragmentation-offload
> udp-fragmentation-offload: off [fixed]

This is exactly what I get on our NOAAPort ingest machines.
Another blind alley :-(

re:
> I don't know anything about UDP fragmentation, is this bad?

I was/am just trying to figure out why your 'tcpdump' listing
shows the 'bad packet length' messages and ours do not.

re:
> Both firewalld and iptables are turned off. I thought the same
> thing this afternoon so I double checked. Here is the output:
>
> [root@npingest ~]# systemctl status iptables
> ? iptables.service - IPv4 firewall with iptables
> Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/iptables.service; disabled; vendor
> preset: disabled)
> Active: inactive (dead) since Thu 2019-02-21 15:34:58 EST; 57min ago
> Process: 7369 ExecStop=/usr/libexec/iptables/iptables.init stop (code=exited,
> status=0/SUCCESS)
> Main PID: 6467 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
>
> Feb 21 15:31:49 npingest.triad.local systemd[1]: Starting IPv4 firewall with
> iptables...
> Feb 21 15:31:49 npingest.triad.local iptables.init[6467]: iptables: Applying
> firewall rules: [ ... ]
> Feb 21 15:31:49 npingest.triad.local systemd[1]: Started IPv4 firewall with
> iptables.
> Feb 21 15:34:58 npingest.triad.local systemd[1]: Stopping IPv4 firewall with
> iptables...
> Feb 21 15:34:58 npingest.triad.local iptables.init[7369]: iptables: Setting
> chains to policy AC... ]
> Feb 21 15:34:58 npingest.triad.local iptables.init[7369]: iptables: Flushing
> firewall rules: [ ... ]
> Feb 21 15:34:58 npingest.triad.local iptables.init[7369]: iptables: Unloading
> modules: [  OK  ]
> Feb 21 15:34:58 npingest.triad.local systemd[1]: Stopped IPv4 firewall with
> iptables.
> Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
> [root@npingest ~]# systemctl status firewalld
> ? firewalld.service
> Loaded: masked (/dev/null; bad)
> Active: inactive (dead)

This sure looks definitive all right.

The only thing I can think of is the settings that were originally
for /etc/sysctl.conf, and which you added to /usr/lib/tuned/balanced/tuned.conf
have not taken effect.  I have no explanation for this!

So, what would we do via a Hangout?...

I am not sure as I do not have a mental picture of what is missing.

I think that one thing I would try is:

- see if you have 'ncat' (nc) installed on your machine

- if you do, see if we could use ncat (nc) to try and read
  from the port on your eno2 Ethernet interface

- generally look around to see if anything jumps out at me

Just so you know, when I talked to my system administrator
about your situation yesterday, he said he didn't have anything
other than what we had already talked about.  Sigh!!

I tried starting a hangout with you, but I got no reply to the
invitation that was sent.  I assume that this is because you
are busy with other things at the moment... I totally understand.

Ticket ID: GGP-872890
Department: Support NOAAPORT