[NOAAPORT #GGP-872890]: New Noaaport server with ldm

Hi Heather,

re:
> I attached the output you asked for from the novra.

OK, thanks.

re:
> It is showing transmitted data, but nothing received??

Transmit from the Novra standpoint is packets sent out the Ethernet
interface.

For 'show traffic', the operative values are:

Cumulative DVB Packets Accepted:     60752804655
Cumulative Uncorrectable TS packets: 682

These look good.

For 'show lan':

OK, just wanted to check.

re:
> I am sitting remote today.  Is it possible to reboot from the command
> line?

One of the options in 'cmcs' is reboot.

re:
> I also didn't do anything special with the novra when I rebuilt.

I expected that you didn't do anything, but I since your setup is
foreign to me, I have to start my troubleshooting at the beginning.

re:
> It stayed plugged into the server while it was down (for about a
> month).

OK.

re:
> Should I have done something when I rebuilt the server?

No.  The configuration of the Novra is separate from the configuration
of the ingest machine for everything ** except ** for the network
settings.  The LAN setup on the Novra needs to be in the same subnet
as the Ethernet interface that it is connected to.

The network setup looks OK:

Your Novra:
Receiver IP:                192.168.0.138
Receiver Subnet Mask:       255.255.255.0
Default Gateway IP address: 192.168.0.100

eth1:
192.168.0.10/2

I think we covered everything except multicast routing:

What is the output of:

route

run on your machine?

If you don't see a line that looks similar to (the 192.168.x.x IP address
would need to be different):

224.0.0.0       192.168.1.7     240.0.0.0       UG    0      0        0 eth1

If you do not, you need to add the needed routing.  This should be
(something like):

<as 'root'>
route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 gw 192.168.0.10 dev eth1

re:
> Thanks!!

No worries.

Ticket ID: GGP-872890