[netCDF #AMX-724559]: error: Can't find or link to the hdf5 library.

Hello,

I am not certain why this is happening; I wonder if there is another `libhdf5`
installed in the system on the default path, perhaps.  I wonder if you might be
able to update your version of netcdf to a more recent version? The most recent
release is v4.9.0, available here: https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-c/releases
.  It is possible that there is an issue with the `configure` script (4.6.0)
and a modern linux environment.  As it stands, it appears that the issue is
related to something in the autotools-based build system and not the netCDF
library itself.  Can you provide the libhdf5.settings file generated, when you
installed libhdf5?  That will also provide some additional information we can
use to try to figure this out.

Thank you!

-Ward

Ticket ID: AMX-724559