[netCDF #WRD-672053]: netcdf "make check" error v4.1.3 - on Ubuntu 18.04

Good afternoon,

You should probably not use 'sudo' when running make check.  However, what
we're seeing is that the runtime loader is unable to find the libhdf5_hl.so.8
library.  This may be a result of environmental variables related to the
location of this file not being passed up when you use 'sudo'.  Try running
'make check' without using 'sudo' and let me know if the issue persists.

-Ward

> Dear Team,
>
> I'm trying the netcdf compilation as per
> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/getting_and_building_netcdf.html
> . At the"sudo make check" I
>
> ./tst_h_dimscales: error while loading shared libraries: libhdf5_hl.so.8:
>
> FAIL: tst_h_dimscales
>
> ./tst_h_dimscales1: error while loading shared libraries: libhdf5_hl.so.8:
>
> FAIL: tst_h_dimscales1
>
> ./tst_h_dimscales2: error while loading shared libraries: libhdf5_hl.so.8:
>
> FAIL: tst_h_dimscales2
>
> ./tst_h_dimscales3: error while loading shared libraries: libhdf5_hl.so.8:
>
> FAIL: tst_h_dimscales3
>
> ./tst_h_enums: error while loading shared libraries: libhdf5.so.8: cannot
>
> FAIL: tst_h_enums
>
> ./tst_h_dimscales4: error while loading shared libraries: libhdf5_hl.so.8:
>
> FAIL: tst_h_dimscales4

> 24 of 26 tests failed
>
> Please report to address@hidden

> Makefile:636: recipe for target 'check-TESTS' failed
>
> make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
>
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/test/source-files/netcdf-4.1.3/h5_test'
>
> Makefile:758: recipe for target 'check-am' failed
>
> make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
>
> I used this command for the compilation
> $CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include'
> LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib' ./configure --enable-netcdf-4
> --enable-shared --enable-dap --prefix=/usr/local
>
> followed by
> $sudo make check
>
> /usr/local/lib/libhdf5_hl.so.8
>

> /usr/local/lib/libhdf5.so.8
>
> Attaching the config.log with this email
>
> As you can see in the configure command I specified the actual path instead
> of absolute path. Please check and let me know how to get rid of this
> error.
>
> Thanks
> Jayaram

Ticket ID: WRD-672053