[netCDF #KDK-532566]: How to merge two different types of netcdf files

Hello,

My apologies for the delayed response.  The NetCDF Operators (NCO) package is
not maintained at Unidata, so I'm afraid that I cannot give you any tips on
using CDO to merge the files.  The error you're seeing seems to suggest that
the two files (a.nc, b.nc) have different underlying types.  If you have the
netCDF utilities installed (typically installed when libnetcdf is installed),
you can confirm this by comparing the output of `ncdump -k a.nc` and `ncdup -k
b.nc`.  If you do this, you should be able to see what the underlying file
types are.  If you confirm that the files are of two different types, you can
try using `nccopy` to convert one of the files to match the file type of the
second file.  If you need help with this conversion, send me the output from
`ncdump -k` for the files and I will do my best to help!

Have a great day,

-Ward

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have downloaded two netcdf files from two different databases, (Hycom
> site and Ecmwf site ), I made the same interpolation for both of the files,
> I tried to merge them with cdo merge a.nc b.nc c.nc , but I got this error .
>

> Warning (streamCopyRecord) : Streams have different file types (netCDF2 ->
> netCDF)!
> Warning (streamCopyRecord) : Streams have different file types (netCDF2 ->
> netCDF)!
> Warning (streamCopyRecord) : Streams have different file types (netCDF2 ->
> netCDF)!
> Warning (streamCopyRecord) : Streams have different file types (netCDF2 ->
> netCDF)!
> Warning (streamCopyRecord) : Streams have different file types (netCDF2 ->
> netCDF)!
>
> I would be grateful if you could give me the best way to merge them.
>
> Kind regards,
> Pooran
>
> --
> *Ph.D. student**, **Department of Physical Oceanography.*
>

> *Khorramshahr Marine Science and Technology University,Khorramshahr, P.O.
> Box: 669,Khuzestan Province, Iran.*

Ticket ID: KDK-532566
Department: Support netCDF