[netCDF #ZCH-634698]: HDF5 error

> Hi Russ,
>
> Here is the file. I just tested it with h5dump and there was no error.
>
> -Huaiyu

Howdy Huaiyu!

Thanks for bringing this interesting problem to my attention.

Firstly, could you try again, with the most recent snapshot?

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

I just fixed a bug in which dimensions and coordinate variables were
inadvertently reordered under some circumstances.

If this does not solve the problem, then please create the file without the
slice dimension, and send the CDL of that file (i.e. the output of "ncdump -s
-h" on it.)

With that I can add a test which creates your exact file. Then we add the slice
dimension and I will be able to see it fail.

Meanwhile I am adding tests in a attempt to find the circumstances that trigger
this problem.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: ZCH-634698