[netCDF #GQI-488547]: configure error and undefined references

> Hi
>
> I have installed netcdf-3.6.3. Though all the things formed
> successfully, I found the following program failed "confdefs.h" while
> configuring. I am using the commands to configure netcdf as instructed
> in the pgi page indicated in the file "INSTALL". The file
> "confignetcdffile" contains the commands. The log file for
> configuration of netcdf-3.6.3 is "config.log".  Using this, I am trying
> to compile WRF-Var 3.0.1. However I am getting several errors
> containing "undefined references".
>
> Please suggest me how to overcome this problem.

Howdy Jagabandhu,

There are always lots of failures in the configure process - that is not a
problem. The point of the configure script is that it runs thousands of tests
on your system. Based on the results, the netCDF code is built in a way that
will work for your system. Necessarily many of the tests run by configure fail,
but that is all part of the "learning" process.

The way to see if netCDF built properly is to run "make check"

When you run make check the netCDF distribution will build dozens of test
programs for the netCDF release, and run them. At the end of "make check" you
will see a definitive answer: either notice that something failed, or
congratulations because everything passed.

So please run make check on the netCDF build and see if it succeeds.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: GQI-488547
Department: Support netCDF