[netCDF #PKV-163775]: NetCDF patch for Cray XT system with Cray compiler environment

> Hello,
>
> I'm a application analyst in Cray and working on application porting
> and optimization.
>
> The NetCDF build on Cray XT system using Cray compiler has some
> problems and I've fixed it.  Please use the attached patch file for
> later release of NetCDF for 3.6.x and 4.1.x.
>

> The short description of what changed are as below.
>
> 1. ./configure : the checking of Fortran module filename's upper/lower
> case may fail so using "-c" compile only option will be a safe bet.

Sorry, can you tell me a little more about this case before I apply the patch?

> 2. Fortran/cfortran.h : The Cray compiler's C/Fortran calling interface
> updated.

Could you send me your complete cfortran.h instead of the diff?

> 3. Fortran/fort-nc4.c :
>
> nc_set_chunk_cache_ints/nc_get_chunk_cache_ints definition is for
> remove warning message.  Cray compiler is strict in C language type
> casting and the modified version will exactly match the argument types.

I believe I already have what is needed in fort-nc4.c, after changes I just
checked in today.

> 4. Fortran/ncfortran.h :
>
> Added NF_INT64 type and appropriate modifications to work well with C
> 'long long' to Fortran INTEGER(KIND=8)/NF_INT64

Really? What happens in the case of F77?

If you have really solved the long long problem in F90 in a general way, that
would be fantastic.

> The Cray compiler is checked as f2cFortran by configure script and
> add single underscore to functions so added C preprocess to prevent
> second underscore.
>
> 5. Ncgen/genlib.h : Added the definition of 'strlcat' to remove compiler
> warning. This is done by mimic the ncdump build directory.

I will pass this on to the ncgen programmer.

> 6. Nc_test4/tst_create_files.c : The 'nc_def_var_chunking' call has errors
> in the argument type and count so I've fixed it.

I have fixed this, thanks for pointing it out.

> 7. Nf_test/forlib.c : The Cray compiler is checked as f2cFortran by
> configure script and add single underscore to functions so added C
> preprocess to prevent second underscore.

Sorry, I don't follow this.

I can't use changes to the configure file - I must make changes in the
configure.ac file, which is used to create the configure file.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: PKV-163775
Department: Support netCDF