[Support #OLZ-189405]: nomenclature used for binary netcdf distributions...

> I see a number of precompiled binaries for netcdf-3.6.3 on linux_2.6-x86_64
> which differ in naming as follows:
>
> gfortran_gfortran.tar.gz
> gfortran_gfortran_c++.tar.gz
> gfortran_c++.tar.gz
> gfortran_gfortran_c++.tar.gz
> gfortran_gfortran_g++.tar.gz
>
> Can you clarify for me the meaning of these labels? Why do some binaries
> indicate two compilers used while others three, etc... Thanks!

There is a C API, a Fortran 77 API, a Fortran 90 API, and a C++ API.

The last three are optional.

So gfortran_c++ means I used gfortran for the F77 API, the F90 API is not
build, and the c++ compiler was used for the C++ API.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: OLZ-189405
Department: Support netCDF