[netCDF #QOI-309912]: netcdf4 MPI_Comm Problem with Open MPI

> Hi Ed,
>
> MPI_Comm_f2c is part of the MPI 2.0 standard:
> http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi-20-html/node59.htm
> So MPICH2 really should have this function and its not specific
> to Open MPI. Also other MPIs may require this conversion.
>
> But older MPIs, like MPICH, stick to MPI 1.x and do not
> implement MPI_Comm_f2c (but for those MPIs it should be safe
> to assume that the conversion of the communicator is unnecessary).
>
> Maybe it's the best to add a configure option which enables/disables
> the conversion of MPI handles in the Fortran interface? Or let
> configure do some magic to find out if MPI_Comm_f2c is present?
>

> Regards
> matthias

Howdy Matthias!

I have added your patch to the repository code. It's in the current snapshot
(which I generated just moments ago).

Please give it a try.

If there are any MPICH1 users out there, this may cause a compile problem. But
I wonder if there are any MPICH users out there. (Why have they not moved to
MPICH2?)

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: QOI-309912