[netCDF #FIT-225933]: netcdf-3.6.3 compile question... assoc. with WRF problem

> This looks like it's linked to a netcdf problem... or a WRF problem, at
> least that's what it's telling me.
>
> I'm running this on the Ranger login node at TACC, and compile my own
> netcdf-3.6.3, using the Gnu compilers.  I'm attaching the Makefile and
> and config.log for perusal.
>
> netcdf appeared to compile and passed all tests under 'make check' so I
> don't really know what's happening.  HOWEVER, WRF complains about:
> pgf90 -w  -Mfree -byteswapio -c
> -I/share/home/00791/gcreager/utils/netcdf-3.6.3-gcc/include

Howdy Gerry!

You must always use the same fortran compiler. If you build netCDF with
gfortran, you must build WRF with gfortran. If you want
to use pgf90, you must rebuild netCDF with that compiler.

But aren't you doing parallel I/O? In that case you should be using mpicc and
mpif90, unless you have worked
out all the compiler and linker options to use the MPI libraries without using
the mpicc compile script.

(And note also that HDF5 must *also* be built with mpicc, and with
--enable-parallel, for netCDF parallel I/O to work.)

Good luck!

Ed

Ticket ID: FIT-225933
Department: Support netCDF