[netCDF #UBI-364498]: netcdf issue

> Russ,
>
> I looked back and make check failed actually.  This was for version 4.1.
> On the web it says that 4.1 is backwards compatible so hopefully if I get
> it to build it should work for my code.  I am attaching the configure log
> make log and check log.  I am trying to compile with the gcc c compiler,
> g77, and absoft f90.  I am not sure when or where that I need to check the
> flags.  Is it in the Makefile after running configure?  I have absoft f77
> however the code that uses netcdf seems to compile best using the g77
> compiler.  I thought that compiling that code and this netcdf under g77
> would be better.

Howdy Chris!

To build the netCDF F90 API, you must use the same fortran compiler for F77 as
for F90. So you can't use g77 for the F77 API and Absoft for the F90. You can,
however, use absoft for both. Is the absoft f90 compiler called "f90"? I will
assume so for the following...

Try this:

make distclean
FC=f90 ./configure
make check

If this doesn't work, try setting the flags suggested here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#macos-10.5-absoft

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Ed

Ticket ID: UBI-364498