Re: netCDF4.1 & EASE grid

"Kwoun, Oh-Ig (388B)" <address@hidden> writes:

> Ed,
>
> Does NetCDF support EASE grid?
> Which convention supports that explicitly?
> CF-convention is not explicit about it.
> Thanks,
> -oh-ig

Apparently netCDF must support the EASE grid, because a quick google
shows that there are many EASE grid data sets in netCDF. For example,
the Global EASE-Grid 8-day Blended SSM/I and MODIS Snow Cover data, from
NSIDC, right here with me in Boulder:
http://nsidc.org/data/docs/daac/nsidc0321_8day_ssmi_modis_blend/index.html

I don't know of any convention or tool that supports this explicitly,
but there may well be some. I suggest you ask on the CF and netCDF
mailing lists. The CF mailing list can be found here: