[netCDF #BSC-562225]: How to recognize NF90 Library on Linux

> Full Name: Hiroshi Yoshinari
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.0.1
> Operating System: Linux (Fedora 10) 2.6.27.25-170.2.72
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:  Dear Sir,
>
> I have installed netcdf-4.0.1 in Fedora 10 (Linux
> 2.6.27.25-170.2.72);
>
> % export FC=ifort
> % export F90=ifort
> % export CC=gcc
> % export CXX=g++
> % ./configure --prefix=/home/hy/netcdf
> % make
> % make install
>
> After successful installation (not sure, but binaries, libs and
> include files are created and working fine), I tried to compile a
> program using Intel Fortran 90 Compiler Ver.11.1.  But I got many
> errors.  Below is one of them;
>
> % ifort GRIDinc_Generator.f90 -L/home/hy/netcdf/lib -lnetcdf
>
> GRIDinc_Generator.f90(45): error #6404: This name does not have a
> type, and must have an explicit type.  [NF90_OPEN]
> STATUS = NF90_OPEN(filename,NF90_NOWRITE,GF_ID)
> -----------^
> compilation aborted for GRIDinc_Generator.f90 (code 1)
>
> When I changed the program for f77 with NF90_OPEN to NF_OPEN, it
> works fine.  When I went back and have quick look at "netcdf.inc", I
> was not able to find NF90_OPEN.
>
> Is there any problem with my installation?  How I can create netcdf
> include file with NF90?
>
> I will be grateful to you for any suggestion to get rid of my
> problem.  Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Hiroshi Yoshinari

Could you first try "make check" in the netcdf directory? The make check step
will run a bunch of tests. Search the output for the tests in the nf_test
directory, in particular tests like f90tst_vars.f90.

If these tests are run, and pass, then the netCDF f90 API was built correctly.
If not, then there is a problem with your netcdf build.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: BSC-562225
Department: Support netCDF