[netCDF #AEZ-159622]: undefined reference to"

> Hello all netCDFgroup,
>
> I try to install netcdf-4.0.1 on Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS and use with
> gfortran compiler version 4.2.
> export CC=cc
> export CXX=c++
> export FC=gfortran
> export F77=gfortran
> export CFLAGS=-g -O2
> export CFLAGS="-g -O2"
> export CXXFLAGS="-g -O2"
> export FCFLAGS="-g -O2"
> export F77FLAGS="-g -O2"
> export CPPFLAGS="-Df2cFortran"
> ./configure --prefix=/home/flood/EUROMODEL/GLDAS_psurf/netcdf-4.0.1/

Try again without setting CPPFLAGS. -Df2cFortran is not the correct choice for
gfortran 4.2. Let the configure script set this for you. Just leave CPPFLAGS
alone.

Also, '-g -O2' is the default setting for builds using the gnu tool-chain, so
you don't have to set CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, FCFLAGS, or F77FLAGS.

CC will be set to cc unless you have xlc installed, which is unlikely on Linux,
and you don't need to set FC to gfortran unless you have multiple fortran
compilers installed on this machine.

Finally, you don't need to set F77 if you are using the same Fortran compiler
for the F77 and F90 APIs.

So try:

./configure --prefix=/home/flood/EUROMODEL/GLDAS_psurf/netcdf-4.0.1/

(That is, don't set any environment variables.)

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: AEZ-159622
Department: Support netCDF