[netCDF #ASW-719077]: installation of NetCDF

Hi Carles,

Yes, you must have a C compiler to build and install netCDF from source, even
if you only want to use the Fortran library, because the Fortran library is
implemented as a thin layer on top of the C library, where all the work is
done.

Usually the Intel Fortran compiler ifort also comes with the C compiler icc.

Another user has reported success with the ifort/icc combination here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#mac_intel_11

and also reports that the information at the Intel site is out of date.

--Russ

Ticket ID: ASW-719077
Department: Support netCDF