[netCDF #RQG-714685]: No manual entry for netcdf.

Chris,

> Oops, sorry,
>
>   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs.html
>
> then click on "online man pages for C" under netcdf ref documentation.
> also "online HTML" for netcdf 3 users guide:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/guidec/ is "not found".
>
> I get to the docs.html page by just googling "netcdf documentation".

That docs.html page you get from Google is pretty old (last updated on
Feb 2007).  The netCDF documentation page we intend for people to see
is the one linked from the netCDF home page:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/

(or what is the same thing due to a redirect)

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/

on which all the links should work.  There is a note at the top of the
old docs.html page you found that indicates it's only of historical
interest:

   Note: This documentation is for interfaces based on versions 3.5.1
   and earlier of the C   library. Updated and improved netCDF
   documentation is available for version 3.6 and later.

It's a mystery to me why Google has just recently started showing old
netCDF web pages as the top choices for searches.  We may have to just
delete some of these old pages to get Google to stop pushing them on
users.

--Russ

Ticket ID: RQG-714685
Department: Support netCDF