[netCDF #CYF-313110]: Help on building netCDF 4.0 for windows

> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems compiling and linking the C++ extracted files from the
> NetCDF 4.0.1 lib. The C lib works fine.
>
> The errors I get with the C++ 4.x files are shown below in red. Mostly, they
> are related to incorrect allocation of arrays, but there are also some places
> where return values are not specified. The code looks incomplete.
>
> I understand from your web pages that the C++ interface is not ready yet and
> is expected to work only for the classic model.

The C++ API in the cxx directory is complete, but out of date. However, it
builds fine on many Unix platforms.

The C++ API in the cxx4 directory is less complete, but still compiles on Linux
boxes.

> My problem is that most of our access into the NetCDF library in ArcGIS is
> via the C++ libraries. Because of the compile errors I'm getting with the new
> C++ code, I tried using the old (3.x) files viz., netcdf.cpp, netcdfcpp.h
> etc,  but that produces several runtime problems with the file ids etc. and
> the data file access is incorrect.
>
> Is there any chance of error-free C++ files for 4.x being available in the
> immediate future?

Where are you getting your C++ files from?

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: CYF-313110
Department: Support netCDF