[netCDF #VKC-963616]: [netcdf-hdf] unexpected chunking behavior

Hi Charlie,

(I meant to send this support response rather than a private email.)

Ed is away for a couple of weeks, and he's the one best able to answer
your question.  It might be helpful if you can provide us with a simple
example of a program that creates a chunked netCDF-4 file fails with a
code -101 HDF error.

If that's not convenient, then it would be helpful to get the actual HDF
error, which you can do by configuring like this:

  ./configure --enable-logging --enable-netcdf-4 --disable-f77 --disable-cxx
--with-hdf5=...
  make check

Then if your test fails, insert the following line:

  nc_set_log_level(5);

in your test case, before the point where the failure occurs. This will
produce some log output telling us what is going on.

Thanks!

--Russ