[netCDF #HKX-214469]: [netcdfgroup] Bug in ncdump -v

John,

Oops, I see I made a small change to the ncdump sources since you sent your
support query,
and another developer here made a change to ncdump.c as well, so it's possible
one of
those changes made it impossible to reproduce the error you are seeing.  So if
you are
rebuilding with HDF5-1.8.3, please also get the current ncdump sources.

I'm also addressing the other problems you mentioned with ncdump -v, in
particular
handling special characters in variable names with CDL escapes.  I'll explain
that in a
subsequent response ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: HKX-214469